A two-day hackathon will bring together around 30 participants coached by amazing experts from Airbnb, Twitter, Arista and more!
No need to be a hacker to attend the hackathon! Participants just need to get their heads together and feel like joining a team of people to plan, design and develop a project within a short timespan!
Hack your city! Urban renewal and digital technology to shape tomorrow’s city
Urban creators, engineers, designers, entrepreneurs, anyone interested in education, tourism and innovation, here’s an opportunity to work together and to find inventive and original ways to address one of the three following challenges, linked to tourism, business and education:
Afraid of not having all the information or enough knowledge in these areas?
Our partners, including Dublin City Council and FĂˇilte Ireland, will share specific data to give the teams a comprehensive overview on the next generation of tourism, urban renewal challenges and information on smart cities, Dublin 8 and the projects led in this area, in terms of culture, education, infrastructures and businesses among others.
With these materials, each team will be able to come up with an idea, a project, a platform or an innovative digital tool aimed at proposing digitally-based solutions to a specific challenge.
Teams will be formed on Friday afternoon. During the hackathon, experts or professionals from the fields of digital technology and culture will be designated mentors of the hackathon and will be here to help, coach, advise and witness the participantsâ€™ progress during the two days of competition. At the end of the week-end, a jury composed of partners and experts will select the best project and reward it with a special prize!
How to register?
There are 30 places. Please fill in the registration form HERE. Registration is free and open to idea owners, team members and volunteers / mentors.We will get back to you to confirm you are registered.
- « Tomorrow’s City Awards » provided by DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL and LOCAL ENTERPRISE OFFICE DUBLIN CITY = â‚¬ 2,500 Prize Pool; Business Mentoring Programme, Place on a Start Your Own Business Course:
- Return flights to Paris to meet with actors in the digital area, provided by TRANSAVIA
- 5 AIRBNB coupons for Homes reservations with Value â‚¬300 each expiring on 31th December 2017
- 5 AIRBNB coupons for Experiences reservations with Value â‚¬100 each expiring on 31th December 2017
- 5 one-day Dublin Passes provided by FAILTE IRELAND.
The judging criteria: projects will be judged according to their:
- Relevance to topic / challenge
- Accessibility to citizens
- Use of the data
- Replicability of project (project can be easily replicated in another city)
- Quality of pitch
- Bonus keywords: sustainable, (French) language
If you register, you must make sure you are available to attend:
- the launch presentation and team formation session, followed by the networking cocktail (on an invitation-only basis) @4.30 pm on Friday 29th September
- Saturday 30th September (8.30 am until 8.00 pm)
- the project pitching @ 11.00 am Sunday 1st October followed by a brunch and the awards ceremony
- Senator Lynn Ruane, Jury Chairwoman
- E. StĂ©phane Crouzat, French Ambassador
- Mary MacSweeney, Local Enterprise Office Dublin City
- Mark Bonham, Airbnb
- Iseult Byrne, Dublin Cultureâ€™s Connects