Important Fintech & Retail Tour UK-Ireland 2020 Update
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Fintech & Retail Tech Tour UK & Ireland 2020 will be taking place online this year.
What is the Fintech & Retail Tech Tour UK & Ireland?
A 3-day event designed to increase the adoption of French technologies in 2 of the most vibrant British & Irish industries: financial services and retail.
The Fintech & Retail Tech Tour UK & Ireland will bring together senior and top executives from banks, insurance companies, brick-and-mortar retailers, e-commerce players and investment & financial-related companies. Following 3 Fintech tours and 1 Retail Tech Tour, this new event will combine these 2 highly innovative sectors in Ireland and the UK, from 20th to 22nd October 2020.
- Join our expert talks and panel discussions to learn more about the UK & Irish markets
- Meet with a wide network of top-tier clients, partners, mentors and investors
- Connect with the vibrant Tech ecosystem during networking events
Share your expertise and vision of the future of the financial and retail industries, through keynotes, one-to-one meetings and networking events.
- Promote your brand and increase your online visibility in the UK and Ireland
- Benefit from the French Tech brand and networks in London and Dublin
Key figures from our French Fintech Tour
& French Retail Tech Tour 2019
Financial & Retail experts coming together in 2 selection boards
1-2-1 business meetings between French Tech companies & Financial & Retail Stakeholders
speakers from the Retail and Financial Services industries
attendees at 3 Fintech & Retail Tech networking cocktails in London & Dublin
What they say about us?
“Business France UK’s team in three words: efficiency, cheerfulness and adaptability. Taking part in 2 Retail Tech events helped us develop our activities in the UK as well as in our own domestic market. It enabled us to meet new and existing prospects”
“Business France is a real partner for us. They have supported us in different countries, including the UK, and we are always very impressed by the quality of their events. The greatest thing about the team is that they understand our business and try to open the right doors for us to extend our business.“
“We had 2 expectations : to understand the Irish market, its skateholders, their maturity in our core business sector as well as to develop business relations and partnerships with local stakeholders.
We were impressed by the quality of meetings set up for us and by the complementary elements of the event (meetings, conferences, pitches, etc.)“
The UK & Ireland, 2 markets with great potential for retail and financial services solution providers:
- The UK is the 2nd biggest financial hub in the world with more than 64,000 companies operating in the industry.
- Fintech investment boomed in 2019, with £2.9 billion raised, reinforcing the UK’s position as a global leader in Fintech.
- 6 British Fintech companies are in the European Top 10 of the most valued companies in Europe.
- The UK’s Fintech adoption rate is one of the highest in the world, at 42% (global average is 33%).
- 300,000 companies operate in the retail industry
- €436 billion revenue made by British retailers in 2018, positioning the UK as the 2nd biggest retail market in Europe
- 20% of retail sales in the UK are spent online
- 20% growth in investment (technology first!) from British retailers, vs only 5% of growth in sales
- Ireland is now home to 20 of the world’s top 25 financial services companies
- With over €4 trillion in fund assets under administration, Ireland is the 3rd largest global investment funds domicile and a leading location worldwide for hedge fund administration
- 32% of Irish FinTechs anticipate global revenue growth of between 100-500%
- 17 of the top 20 global banks and 11 of the world’s top 15 insurance companies have a presence in Ireland
- The sector makes a significant contribution to the Irish economy of an estimated €11 billion in exports and 6.3% of GDP
- The country is now recognised as a global hub for fintech and is one of a very few locations with a proven record of accomplishment in the financial services and technology arena